Tuesday, October 27, 2009

overture

Cue the orchestra, raise the curtain, I am stepping into the light. Blogging. I have resisted technology as much as I could so far and I will continue to do so. I have no interest in the whole notion of 'social networking' as I don't have the luxury of time to spend with my friends as it is. My generation is becoming so disconnected from personal interaction in the wake of keeping up contacts on the web with people they wouldn't even recognize when reaching for the same gallon of milk in the grocery store. I attended a function recently where so many people were looking at their phones it made me wonder who they couldn't be away from for three hours?

I take pleasure in watching the shifting changes of the magnolia tree in my yard. There are leaves that fall, buds that burst forth in an explosion of vibrant pink in the spring to remind me of what has passed and that time moves on, even when I may not be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment